The Glasgow Housing Register: Northwest (GHR) Partner Organisations make no warranties, representations or undertakings about:-
- any of the content of this Web site (including, without limitation, the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
- any content of any other Web site referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this Web site ("third party site")
We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. This privacy statement sets out how we process personal data about you that we collect.
This website is operated and controlled by the Glasgow Housing Register: Northwest (GHR) Partner Organisations, consisting of Glasgow City Council’s Development and Regeneration Services and Social Work Services, Cadder Housing Association, Cernach Housing Association, Charing Cross Housing Association, Cube Housing Association, Drumchapel Housing Cooperative, Glasgow Housing Association (GHA), Glasgow West Housing Association, Kendoon Housing Association, Kingsridge Cleddans Housing Association, Maryhill Housing Association, ng homes, Partick Housing Association, Pineview Housing Association, Queens Cross Housing Association, Sanctuary Housing Association, and Yorkhill Housing Association, hereafter referred to as “GHR Partners”.
How we will use your Personal Data
The information given in your application form and any additional information that you provide, together with any information that you provide or that GHR Partners obtain about you from a third part will be treated as confidential under the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will NOT disclose any information about you without your consent unless we are required by law to do so. We will NOT sell your personal details to any external, third party organisations.
- Collect only as much personal data as we need to manage your application, and meet our obligations to provide information to other authorities and agencies;
- Only keep your personal data for as long as we need it to provide you with services and to supply statistical reports;
- Keep your personal data secure at all times and destroy it when we no longer need it.
Sensitive Personal Data
By completing this online form you are giving your consent to processing your data, including sensitive personal data. Sensitive personal data includes information about your racial or ethnic origin, your health, religious belief, sexual life, committed or alleged offences including court proceedings and sentencing. Only sensitive personal data that is relevant to your housing application will be processed. You have the right to see and obtain a copy of any personal information that is stored about you on this website and have inaccurate data corrected.
- When you become a tenant or occupant, personal data about you and your household, which was collected by GHR Partners, known as a Tenant File, will be kept by the GHR Partner.Your Tenant File can be held by the GHR Partner for 5 years after your tenancy is terminated, in accordance with the statutory guidance issued by the Scottish Council on Archives.
Some of the information we ask you for is defined as sensitive personal data. Three types of sensitive personal data, if applicable to you, would be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Information about your racial or ethnic origin is processed for equalities monitoring. Any statistical or research reports will not personally identify you.
- Information about your physical or mental health is processed to help us to provide you with the most suitable services throughout your relationship with us.
Other categories of sensitive personal data are unlikely to be relevant to your relationship with us. We would not expect to process these without seeking further consent from you.
If you ask us not to process some or all sensitive personal data, or any other categories of information, the services which we are able to provide may be restricted.
You will not personally be identified in any reports making use of statistical information.
Where practicable we try to make it clear what personal data we are receiving and processing about you. Any personal data you give us on paper forms or online will be incorporated into your records. You have a right to ask us for copies of the personal data we hold, excluding certain statutory restrictions for example where a third party can be identified from that information. If you find factual errors in our records of your personal data you can ask us to correct them.
These statements were updated in September 2016.