The Glasgow Housing Register: Northwest online application system is temporarily unavailable while further development work is carried out.  If you would like to apply for social housing in the Northwest area or update an existing application, please contact the Housing Associations/Co-operatives to which you wish to apply directly.

Some Housing Associations have what is called “specialist housing”.  This means housing that is designed for specific needs.  They may not be allocated in the same way as general needs housing but each individual landlord will be able to provide more information.

GHR Partners who have Specialist Housing include Charing Cross Housing Association, Glasgow West Housing Association, Maryhill Housing Association, ng homes, and Yorkhill Housing Association.

Other Social Housing Providers who also offer Specialist Housing in the northwest of Glagsow include Bield Housing Association, Cube Housing Association, Glasgow Housing Association (GHA), Loretto Housing Association, Queens Cross Housing Association, West of Scotland Housing Association, Whiteinch and Scotstoun Housing Association, and Yoker Housing Association.

Sheltered or Retirement Housing

This is housing normally for older people and are clusters on individual properties with a warden and shared facilities, such as laundries.

Maryhill Housing Association has approximately 60 units of Sheltered Housing across two schemes at Oran and Shiskine. This housing is mainly one bedroom, main door accommodation although we do have some two bedroom units. We have on site staff at both schemes and provide common room facilities. Both schemes are linked up to alarm systems and a service is provided 365 days a year. A service charge is payable at both schemes to cover the costs of the enhanced level of management provided.

Adapted Housing

This is most often ground-floor accommodation that has been adapted, or can be adapted, to be suitable for someone who has mobility issues.  This also includes wheelchair accessible properties.

Glasgow Centre for Inclusive Living (gcil) can offer support, advice, information and advocacy for people who need an adapted or accessible home in Greater Glasgow.



(Please be aware that GHR is not responsible for external web content)